2016 Nationals

Were the venues for 2016 Nationals announced at convention?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    Is it too early to buy air tickets to r-durham for spring Nats. now? Is this a good airport to land in to go to Greensboro? You can fly into Raleigh-Durham(RDU) or Charlotte Douglas(CLT) Raleigh is about 70-80 miles from Greensboro. Charlotte is about 90-100 miles away. Greensboro has an airport but I have no clue as to the airlines or flights that go there.
  • Why on earth would you book your flight now? That's just crazy talk.
  • Any idea when the qualifying times will be posted? Standard policy is to post the initial "meet landing page" by October 15 for Spring Nationals. The original page will only include links to the facility itself, Order of Events and NQTs. The official meet information will be posted by January 1, which mirrors the info that comes out in the Jan/Feb SWIMMER magazine. Online entries are expected by February 15. Dates for Summer Nationals for these items are January 15 (meet landing page), May 1 (May/June SWIMMER magazine meet info) and May 15 (online entries), respectively. Some of these dates are contingent upon receiving information from the meet host and would be subject to change if that info is delayed. Jeff Roddin USMS Championship Committee
  • Hey everyone...anyone know if the events for each day of LC Nationals at Mt. Hood CC is posted anywhere yet? I'm trying to get my days off requested for this year...It's quite a hassle at my work sometimes, and I have to beat out the others... :) Plus having Nationals so close gives me an incentive to get my butt back in shape. Even if it is Long Course (Ewwwwwww.......)
  • Hey everyone...anyone know if the events for each day of LC Nationals at Mt. Hood CC is posted anywhere yet? I'm trying to get my days off requested for this year...It's quite a hassle at my work sometimes, and I have to beat out the others... :) Plus having Nationals so close gives me an incentive to get my butt back in shape. Even if it is Long Course (Ewwwwwww.......) According to the USMS rulebook, this needs to be published no less than six months before the meet. Which means it should be posted on the USMS website within the next 4 weeks. Or sooner :) Jeff
  • Hey, James! :wave: Where have you been buddy? :waiting: Get your butt back on the Forums, too, and bring That Guy back on with you. I miss you guys! :cry:
  • Hey, James! :wave: Where have you been buddy? :waiting: Get your butt back on the Forums, too, and bring That Guy back on with you. I miss you guys! :cry: Elaine...mainly working, I began a new job at Tree Top, still doing production line maintenance, at the end of summer 2013, and it's taken over my life. Also started a fully involved whole house remodel too. So my swimming is sporadic at best, but I'm trying to work back into shape for this summer since Nationals is so close...and I have family to stay with in the area.
  • Elaine...mainly working, I began a new job at Tree Top, still doing production line maintenance, at the end of summer 2013, and it's taken over my life. Also started a fully involved whole house remodel too. So my swimming is sporadic at best, but I'm trying to work back into shape for this summer since Nationals is so close...and I have family to stay with in the area. Good luck at Nationals! :cheerleader: I won't be at Summer Nationals, but I will be in Greensboro for Spring Nationals.
  • Park Lane Four Seasons (1 mile from pool) in Greensboro seems to be closed.