Virtual meet

I think the meet is a good idea. I’m in better shape than for the last one where I had swum one week before the meet. Don’t plan to shave and taper for it though. 

Parents
  • No one but me seems interested in this thread, but I enterred today. If you enter you might as well enter from your phone as you cannot view or enter results from a computer.

• It doesn't really excite me too much.  I did some events for the one last summer and it wasn't really any more motivational than a lactate set.  I guess that's what happens when I'm pretty much the only one in my workout group interested in racing regularly.

• I find it more motivational than a lactate set, though maybe not much. When we had major meets I would point my preparation for the meet and use local meets to guage my progress and readiness. We don't have local meets and major meets are up in the air so I am using this meet to see how/if I am recovering from the long layoff. It's better tthan nothing(except for the frustration that you have to link with swim.com and then go through some non-intiutive steps to record a result and then again to see how it compares to others etc etc.)

• I find it more motivational than a lactate set, though maybe not much. When we had major meets I would point my preparation for the meet and use local meets to guage my progress and readiness. We don't have local meets and major meets are up in the air so I am using this meet to see how/if I am recovering from the long layoff. It's better tthan nothing(except for the frustration that you have to link with swim.com and then go through some non-intiutive steps to record a result and then again to see how it compares to others etc etc.)

Children
No Data