Top Ten list for 2020-21

A friend at the pool the other day opined that USMS might push back the May 31 deadline for 2020-21 SCY Top Ten to accommodate those swimming at our delayed SC Nats July 21-25.  Wanted to put in my two cents that I would be decisively against this idea.  It would be a one year exception that could negatively impact the list for years to come.  I would image there could be several swimmers that "age up" in that June 1 - July 25 time frame, who could "bump" others off the list.  Do not disenfranchise those that qualify within our current rules, for a one year exception.  I realize that with the pandemic some have not had the same opportunities to compete as others -  but suffice to say, there have been many areas of life that the pandemic has impacted in a less than equitable way.

Parents
  • If you move the dates there may be a few people born the less than 3 month difference who can age up. This will effect a few people and their competition. If you don't move the dates there will effectively be no Nationals in 2021 for everyone and 2 in 2022. 

• If you move the dates there may be a few people born the less than 3 month difference who can age up. This will effect a few people and their competition. If you don't move the dates there will effectively be no Nationals in 2021 for everyone and 2 in 2022. 

Children
No Data