Race in the Sun - Ron Johnson-AZ SCM Champs - Nov 18th/19th

I'm a little biased, but the Ron Johnson Invite / Arizona State SCM Champs is one of my all-time favorite events. This year's edition is November 18th and 19th at the very fast ASU Mona Plummer Aquatic Center. Come out out to Tempe to race in the sun - www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm.
  • i would love to go to this race, but the order of events for me is just horrible. back to back races? or swim rest 1 event swim? nope not gonna do it. and it's not always sunny...i've seen pics of people in parkas because its freezing cold n rain.
  • i would love to go to this race, but the order of events for me is just horrible. back to back races? or swim rest 1 event swim? nopeWell, every order of events doesn't work for everyone. I had another person tell me it was the best two day order of events they've seen in a long time. and it's not always sunny...i've seen pics of people in parkas because its freezing cold n rain.No, that's just because when the temperature dips below 95, we Arizonans break out the winter gear ;) (But, full disclosure, yes, it can rain)
  • I can vouch for how great of a meet this is! I was lucky enough to attend 2 years ago after Patrick announced it on the forums. I had an amazing meet down there in sunny AZ, posting personal bests in all of the events I swam. I have wanted to go back since, but last year I had a conflict and this year it falls on the same weekend as the Puget Sound Masters SCM meet at Federal Way, which I've already committed to. Maybe next year for me! But if anyone is considering attending this meet, I'd strongly encourage it!
  • The forecast is beautiful for next weekend ... 11373 ... and you can sign up through Wednesday this week here - www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm. 175 people signed up as of today, so the competition will be robust and you'll have enough rest to race FAST.