Nationals and Coronavirus.

Austin just canceled SXSW. Is it safe to think Nationals will go on as planned. Is it safe to do so. I really want to go to Nationals, but I am 71 and concerned.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Following with interest. I definitely fall in the camp of not adding to hysteria but have concerns about our swimmers who are more at risk for health or age factors. If the meet does indeed continue as planned, I imagine those at high risk will have to make their own choice/discuss with their docs and support good hygiene with lots of signage reminding hand washing, close water quality monitoring, etc... I am curious to see what the statement will be and will support usms in whichever direction they go. Would be super sad to miss the event but would be devastating to have very sick athletes.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Following with interest. I definitely fall in the camp of not adding to hysteria but have concerns about our swimmers who are more at risk for health or age factors. If the meet does indeed continue as planned, I imagine those at high risk will have to make their own choice/discuss with their docs and support good hygiene with lots of signage reminding hand washing, close water quality monitoring, etc... I am curious to see what the statement will be and will support usms in whichever direction they go. Would be super sad to miss the event but would be devastating to have very sick athletes.
Children
No Data