Big Shoulders swim in Chicago

Many on our team - Elgin Blue Wave - are in this race. Hope for good weather and mild water temps for all!
Parents
  • Most people probably believe that since the time that registration opens is made public well before it opens, that everyone has equal opportunity to register so it is as "fair" of a system as they can provide. In the case where a race is popular and I expect it to sell out, I make sure I am online when the registration opens so that I can be sure to get in. But it is unfortunate, perhaps even unfair, for those who are unable or unavailable to register right when registration opens. Any suggestions as to how to improve this? I don't think that it was unfair but it did fill ridiculously quick. I was initially critical in private of the Del Valle festival as they seemed to keep letting people in over the number they announced. They did a great job. Not sure how the numbers compare, but theoretically, there should be a fairly high limit with a moderately large loop and entrants divided into multiple waves.
  • Most people probably believe that since the time that registration opens is made public well before it opens, that everyone has equal opportunity to register so it is as "fair" of a system as they can provide. In the case where a race is popular and I expect it to sell out, I make sure I am online when the registration opens so that I can be sure to get in. But it is unfortunate, perhaps even unfair, for those who are unable or unavailable to register right when registration opens. Any suggestions as to how to improve this? I don't think that it was unfair but it did fill ridiculously quick. I was initially critical in private of the Del Valle festival as they seemed to keep letting people in over the number they announced. They did a great job. Not sure how the numbers compare, but theoretically, there should be a fairly high limit with a moderately large loop and entrants divided into multiple waves.
Children
No Data