Big Shoulders swim in Chicago

Many on our team - Elgin Blue Wave - are in this race. Hope for good weather and mild water temps for all!
Parents
  • Perhaps there are other lakes in the Midwest region, though maybe not in Chicago metro, that could have served as backups? Just offering some feedback here to USMS to see if there is a way to improve the way National Championships are currently administered. My previous post magically disappeared. Hazards of commenting using a phone, I suppose. It certainly would be courteous to have a back up plan. I don't see many race directors doing that. Not sure if they don't want to bother, greed, or logistics. I know the race filled up quickly and I would think that is also not very conducive to a true national championship. I know at least one guy who would be top 3 overall that wanted in.
  • Perhaps there are other lakes in the Midwest region, though maybe not in Chicago metro, that could have served as backups? Just offering some feedback here to USMS to see if there is a way to improve the way National Championships are currently administered. My previous post magically disappeared. Hazards of commenting using a phone, I suppose. It certainly would be courteous to have a back up plan. I don't see many race directors doing that. Not sure if they don't want to bother, greed, or logistics. I know the race filled up quickly and I would think that is also not very conducive to a true national championship. I know at least one guy who would be top 3 overall that wanted in.
Children
No Data