I want to roll a sub :30 50 free......in my dreams I want a sick number like a 25 sec 50 free.

So far....I'm down to 31:34

What percentage of my daily workout should be just speed oriented and what percentage  logging yards with sets of 200s or more?

How often in say a week should I be training with USRPT workouts?

How often should I be using gear like a parachute for resistance? Do a couple hundies each training session or only every so often?

Is there anywhere here that I can look at a workout program that is like "ok your race is two months out.....here's workouts that will help you peak in eight weeks? It seems so many workouts here are just people posting "this was a killer workout" Ok great but if it isn't part of a structured plan then what benefit is it to me? Or....can you make the argument that hey, just pick any workout it's all going to the same goal no matter how you get there? 

Parents
  • If you want too be a sprinter you should make a commitment to sprinting. Build at least 2workouts/ wk around sprints. Do sprints sets early in the workout, not at the end. Sprint sets at the end of workout aren't sprints. The sprint work out I like is 25s on the X. X is determined by how much rest you need to hit your goal time. If your time goal is 30 sec for a 50 I think your goal time is 16 sec for 25(1/2  your goal time for a 50 plus one as the start should be good for 2 sec, 14+16=30) X is going to be longer than you think, this is not 5-10 sec rest, more like 25s on the 90-120 sec. If your goal time is 16 then 17 is a failure and rest more. Like USRPT, 3 failures and the set is over. If you are going to take 1 breath the first 25 of the race, take one breath on each 25. Swim it like a race. If you can, practice starts regularly. When you are doing longer swims sometimes take a fast stroke or 2 into the wall and do your turn AFAP. dolphin out of the turn like it was a sprint. If possible do weights a couple of times a week. Because I have shoulder issues I don't do parachutes or paddles.so I can't comment on them. If you do want to do some sprints at the end of practice put on some fins and feel what going faster than race pace is like.

• Great advice....I'm kinda doing this via youtube and gleaning bits and pieces of know how. Thank you for the assist

Reply Children
No Data