Lowry Masters Workouts (Aurora, CO)

Former Member
Former Member
Why not... I'll start with this and see how well it's received. Words of warning - All workouts are LCM at high altitude (5600 ft). If you think the intervals are too easy, you should try them up here before you say that. I may not be entirely consistent with my posting of these. I have a day job and family that keep me quite busy. It may make more sense for me to post a week at a time. Not sure if I can get far enough ahead of the train to do them in advance, or have to do them Most of the training is geared towards being able to RACE 100's & 200's. 50's & 400's occasionally. This is *NOT* a high yardage program. Quality first! There are usually 2 workout groups - 1:20-1:25 and 1:40-1:45. These are per 100 LCM Threshold/EN2 speed for a 30ish minute set and the times are how fast you are swimming, not what you are leaving on. I try to scale the slower workout from the faster one. These are meant to be done in 1 hour. That's all the time we have! Some pieces of this might lean towards USRPT at times. This is intentional and desired. I will post the workouts as a PDF and provide any needed additional info on the original post. Constructive feedback is always welcome and appreciated!! First workout was a "killa" and geared towards 400 race-pace work.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 - A bit of pre-holiday speed work with some cycling of a couple of fast 100's and 50's with easy 100's and 50's between. Healthy amount of rest on the fast swims and then a short set of 5 build-a-sprint 50's. Remember that you can put in other strokes where it says CHOICE! :agree: Don't forget to stay hydrated before/during/after your workouts as well as through the day! I will post another workout for tomorrow and Friday. GO FASTER! R
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 - A bit of pre-holiday speed work with some cycling of a couple of fast 100's and 50's with easy 100's and 50's between. Healthy amount of rest on the fast swims and then a short set of 5 build-a-sprint 50's. Remember that you can put in other strokes where it says CHOICE! :agree: Don't forget to stay hydrated before/during/after your workouts as well as through the day! I will post another workout for tomorrow and Friday. GO FASTER! R
Children
No Data