Open Water Pool Workout Intro

Hello fellow open water swimmer! I'm looking forward to working with you this year to help you prepare for your open water events. Whether you are training for a triathlon or an open water event - these workouts will be designed to help you improve your endurance and become more efficient in the water. We will be focusing on different aspects of training through-out the year. Here's a brief overview of the year Winter/Spring - Jan-March - Endurance training with some skill/technique focus Spring - April - June - Endurance and Pacing Summer - July-Sept - Race Pacing and Strategy - there will even be open water workouts during this time of year Fall - October - December - Skill Focus with endurance training My weekly workouts will be comprised of the following: #1 - Endurance Focus - Longer distances to improve aerobic capacity and endurance #2 - Long Kick and Endurance - Work legs and general endurance #3 - Challenge Set - Anaerobic threshold #4 - Speed Work and Endurance - improve your speed at the beginning of the race and the end of the race Here's to a good year of training and improving yourself in 2018! Feel free to let me know what you are training for and if you have any questions. Coach Mark