Losing weight

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, can anyone help me by work out to lose weight " specially the belly fat " , given that am a moderate swimmer , I swim 1700 meters a day Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    You can try some crunches before and after you swim, inside or outside the pool.
  • No magic thing will help your body loose weight off where you want it to first. If it wants to leave the boobs first (it always does), then so be it. Focusing on your legs, where the really big muscles are will help you burn more calories which will help you loose excess faster. Try some kicking with fins, vertical kicking in the deep end, or kicking against the wall (hold onto the wall and kick). When you swim, make sure your legs are working. Push off the walls hard. Your existing middle will look nicer with a better foundation, though, so keep working the core. Do plenty of dolphin kicking in the streamline position. Drills that focus on stability, like 12 beat kick drill. And lastly, make sure you're not just going one pace for those 1700 meters. Fit in some bursts of 12 or 25 meters where you go hard and take a break at least equal to how long you went hard. Somewhere in the middle of the workout think, hard for 20 seconds, rest or EZ for 20 seconds. Do hard/EZ for 10 reps, then go back to normal. This challenges your body in many ways and helps keep you burning calories for longer after your workout is over. Good luck!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Crunches do see to work best.
  • The best way to lose weight is to change your diet. If you are swimming 1700 meters per day, you have the exercise variable in the equation solved! Try tracking your diet for a few days. Writing down that I ate an entire package of Oreo cookies has a way of changing my bad food choices! Think about which healthy food choices you can make that you will actually follow through with. I hope this helps! Craig Goodwin USMS Level 2 Swim Coach
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Crunches do see to work best. The best way to lose weight is to change your diet. If you are swimming 1700 meters per day, you have the exercise variable in the equation solved! Try tracking your diet for a few days. Writing down that I ate an entire package of Oreo cookies has a way of changing my bad food choices! Think about which healthy food choices you can make that you will actually follow through with. I hope this helps! Craig Goodwin USMS Level 2 Swim Coach Both suggestions are looks valid for me. Crunches is a good idea and diet plays a vital role too in weight loss programs. Let me try ..Thank you members
  • Former Member
    Do you know an other way to lose fat please ? I cannot swim everyday. So please need your help !
  • Former Member
    Diet is very important. All the exercises are mainly for building or maintaining muscles; if you don't have a proper diet, those excess will stick there.
  • Former Member
    there are some brilliant ideas and tips on here! I never thought of half of the stuff you can do when swimming to increase fitness and health! Keep the info coming guys thanks
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    yes, I too agree, swimming helps to loose weight.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Try Green Tea twice a day. This may help you to a great extent, I have taken Green Tea twice a day and lose 10% body fat.