Novice Workout needed (1hr or around 1500 yards)

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, I just joined and had my third swim in over 25 years today (1500 yards). I'm not familiar with the terminology I'm seeing in a lot of the workouts but I have some basic skills I can build on. Is there a place I can look for workouts that are simple and around 1500 yards? I have fins and paddles and swim in a 25yd lap pool. Thanks and I apologize if the answer is staring me right in the face but I can't seem to find anything. Wendy's workouts seem just a tad too ambitious but I'm sure I'll be doing them in no time. I just need a place to start that is simple. Thank you! Shelley
  • I just looked at Wendy's most recent posting, and it looks like each workout is about 1500 yards. Plus, it's all rest based. If the workout suggests 15 seconds rest, but you feel you need to take 30 seconds, that's okay. IMHO, I would use the workouts posted as a guideline, and adjust the rest as needed. If you feel 100 yards all at once is too much right now, then break it into 2 50's. As for terminology, each coach posts a glossary of sorts at the top of their workout page. Plus, you can post any questions you have right in the workout thread. Good luck! and happy swimming :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Thank you for your suggestions jpetyk. I'll start digging in and adjust as needed. The sooner I do the more variety (and fitness) I'll have. Appreciate it!