Shiela Taromina's Swim Speed Workouts

I recently purchased Shiela Taromina's Swim Speed Secrets and was wondering if anyone else was attempting to complete her 16 week training program? If so, I would love to chat about your experiences. To start with I was wondering how to propel yourself forward doing the doggie paddle drill? Also, who does a set that includes 100 fly repeats for a warm-up? Maybe butterfliers? If so, I am impressed. Everyone at my Y wants to know if this program will work for me before they try it, so if anyone else is trying it - let me know! I need some support.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Our self appointed coach just had his work schedule changed leaving me and our other swim friend floundering. We were used to him setting up the workouts and telling us what to do! So I bought this program and we are on week 4 (just finishing it tomorrow). It has been great, her progress has been outstanding you can tell she has gained a lot of strength. My personal progress has been great but not quite as noticeable has hers (she was swimming with fins before just to keep at a reasonable close pace to ours) My pace was faster before starting these so i am sure she is just reaping the rewards sooner , I hope to see them continue. I definitely feel stronger in the water. Great to hear someone else is having success! How long did it take you to really notice a difference? I feel weird responding to my own thread, but after 8 weeks of doing Shiela's workouts, I swam my fastest 1500m race in 16 years of swimming masters at a recent meet. I am still surprised that no one else is trying these workouts. Perhaps only non-USMS swimmers are.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Our self appointed coach just had his work schedule changed leaving me and our other swim friend floundering. We were used to him setting up the workouts and telling us what to do! So I bought this program and we are on week 4 (just finishing it tomorrow). It has been great, her progress has been outstanding you can tell she has gained a lot of strength. My personal progress has been great but not quite as noticeable has hers (she was swimming with fins before just to keep at a reasonable close pace to ours) My pace was faster before starting these so i am sure she is just reaping the rewards sooner , I hope to see them continue. I definitely feel stronger in the water. Great to hear someone else is having success! How long did it take you to really notice a difference? I feel weird responding to my own thread, but after 8 weeks of doing Shiela's workouts, I swam my fastest 1500m race in 16 years of swimming masters at a recent meet. I am still surprised that no one else is trying these workouts. Perhaps only non-USMS swimmers are.
Children
No Data