Shiela Taromina's Swim Speed Workouts

I recently purchased Shiela Taromina's Swim Speed Secrets and was wondering if anyone else was attempting to complete her 16 week training program? If so, I would love to chat about your experiences. To start with I was wondering how to propel yourself forward doing the doggie paddle drill? Also, who does a set that includes 100 fly repeats for a warm-up? Maybe butterfliers? If so, I am impressed. Everyone at my Y wants to know if this program will work for me before they try it, so if anyone else is trying it - let me know! I need some support.
Parents
  • I feel weird responding to my own thread, but after 8 weeks of doing Shiela's workouts, I swam my fastest 1500m race in 16 years of swimming masters at a recent meet. I am still surprised that no one else is trying these workouts. Perhaps only non-USMS swimmers are.
  • I feel weird responding to my own thread, but after 8 weeks of doing Shiela's workouts, I swam my fastest 1500m race in 16 years of swimming masters at a recent meet. I am still surprised that no one else is trying these workouts. Perhaps only non-USMS swimmers are.
Children
No Data