Shiela Taromina's Swim Speed Workouts

I recently purchased Shiela Taromina's Swim Speed Secrets and was wondering if anyone else was attempting to complete her 16 week training program? If so, I would love to chat about your experiences. To start with I was wondering how to propel yourself forward doing the doggie paddle drill? Also, who does a set that includes 100 fly repeats for a warm-up? Maybe butterfliers? If so, I am impressed. Everyone at my Y wants to know if this program will work for me before they try it, so if anyone else is trying it - let me know! I need some support.
Parents
  • alevasseur, Thanks for your drill suggestion. I emailed Shiela since it appears that I am one of the only people trying her workouts. She thought that perhaps I was creating drag in my underwater recovery. That was my problem as I was breaking my wrists and dragging them through. As for the fly in the warm-ups, the purpose is to gain strength. I actually feel more powerful in my fly since the pull is the same as for freestyle. Her workouts also include tubing exercises with free or fly pulls. I guess I was just whining, and hesitant to "break through that plateau".
  • alevasseur, Thanks for your drill suggestion. I emailed Shiela since it appears that I am one of the only people trying her workouts. She thought that perhaps I was creating drag in my underwater recovery. That was my problem as I was breaking my wrists and dragging them through. As for the fly in the warm-ups, the purpose is to gain strength. I actually feel more powerful in my fly since the pull is the same as for freestyle. Her workouts also include tubing exercises with free or fly pulls. I guess I was just whining, and hesitant to "break through that plateau".
Children
No Data