Betsy's 1 Hr Workouts

Introduction. I coach 3 mornings a week at a 25 meter pool with an average of 25 swimmers in 5 lanes. I coach 2 evenings a week at a 25 yard pool with an average of 12-14 swimmers in 5 lanes. Both workouts are for one hour. They are mixed groups with competitive swimmers, triathletes, and people who just want a good workout. Ages range from 20 to 87, with an occassional teen-ager dropping in. My emphasis is on techinique and pace. I swim 3 days a week with a coach at a Y pool. I use some sets that I learn from my coach, Laura Peter. I also write a workout for myself for Saturday mornings. The workouts that I coach are 2500-2800 meters for the fastest lane, scaled down for other lanes. In the yard pool, they are 2700-3000 yards for the fastest lanes. For my personal workouts, I aim for 2500 yards and try to boost it to 2700 in the fall.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Monday, Sept 21, meter pool I was away last week at the USMS Convention. Hi Betsy! How was the convention from your perspective? I like your work-outs! Keep posting!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Monday, Sept 21, meter pool I was away last week at the USMS Convention. Hi Betsy! How was the convention from your perspective? I like your work-outs! Keep posting!
Children
No Data