Swim happy

Former Member
Former Member
So we have a "swim rant" thread, but I wanted to post my "swim happy" moment today, probably brought on by being out of the water for over a week. Pool reopened after maintenance + clear, fresh perfect temp water + 6 lap lanes between 4 lap swimmers = 4200yd :bliss:
  • Same story today: cold pool (colder than yesterday), very few people in it. There was a brief power outage while I was warming up. There was just enough natural light coming in that visibility wasn't a problem, so I just kept swimming. Later when I was leaving, the noodler herder was getting set up for today's class. She leads the class clothed and on the pool deck, so she probably had no idea the water was cold. None of the noodlers had arrived yet... I didn't stay around long enough to hear their screams... :lmao:
  • She leads the class clothed and on the pool deck, so she probably had no idea the water was cold. None of the noodlers had arrived yet... I didn't stay around long enough to hear their screams... :lmao: I can only imagine what that scene must have been like when they finally did put a toe in the water! At our pool, the noodlers whine on a daily basis about the water temperature- and it's 84! :confused:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    I think I found Ande's, or rather my "sweet spot" on SDK-ing out of a turn..... just the once mind on length 7-8 of a 500 swim...... but there it was , only 3 SDks, keeping the momentum up and a smooth transition into the stroke. Now the challenge is to do that off every turn!
  • The other day I took a breath right off my flip turn, and it felt weird. That was the moment I realized that I've finally become accustomed to the pattern of flip, streamline, two strokes, breath. (please don't tell me it's time to work on three strokes now!) I was thinking 5! :-D
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    The other day I took a breath right off my flip turn, and it felt weird. That was the moment I realized that I've finally become accustomed to the pattern of flip, streamline, two strokes, breath. (please don't tell me it's time to work on three strokes now!) Well I have got up to 4 in warm up when I really concentrate on my stroke. This was in the middle of a pyramid swim, where I was doing a good pace, but not all-out. I need to work on the best time to breathe before the turn as well!
  • The other day I took a breath right off my flip turn, and it felt weird. That was the moment I realized that I've finally become accustomed to the pattern of flip, streamline, two strokes, breath. (please don't tell me it's time to work on three strokes now!)
  • I just posted today's workout and hit my Go the Distance goal of 420,000 yards for the year! I wasn't sure my shoulders would hold up, because of my past surgery, but they did! :bliss:
  • I posted a swim rant yesterday and have a swim happy today.My 50 M BR today was faster than my best "shiny suit" time.
  • I posted a swim rant yesterday and have a swim happy today.My 50 M BR today was faster than my best "shiny suit" time. :cheerleader: Way to go, Frog!
  • Went to workout at noon today - the water was warm and the chlorine was bad. It was still great. I feel so much better now than 7 years ago when I returned to swimming.