Swim happy

Former Member
Former Member
So we have a "swim rant" thread, but I wanted to post my "swim happy" moment today, probably brought on by being out of the water for over a week. Pool reopened after maintenance + clear, fresh perfect temp water + 6 lap lanes between 4 lap swimmers = 4200yd :bliss:
Parents
  • Hello all!

It's been a while since I posted anything (old forum name was Zwemmer) but I wanted to check in and reconnect with people here. 

To recap: swam high school and college, took 32+ years off and returned to the pool in summer 2018 swimming with Palmetto Masters in Charleston, South Carolina. This year was crazy as I moved from SC to Colorado Springs and after two months of almost no training (moving is fun! ha!) just started swimming with Pikes Peak Masters on June 1st. Getting used to the altitude and enjoying a great pool & team.

Posting all this here for the reasons already mentioned and to also say how happy I am to be in Colorado, to be swimming, and to be once again inspired by all the Olympic Trials swimming goin on. And very much looking forward to getting in shape to go to USMS Nationals next year and breaking some records. Last year saw me get 7 USMS All American awards in the 55-59 age group and to be FINA world-ranked in 6 SCM events. Grinning

— 2nd in the world in the 100 and 200 Breaststroke & the 100 time is the 4th fastest ever in history,
    — 3rd in the world in the 50 Breaststroke and 200 IM,
    — 7th in the world in the 50 Free, and
    — 8th in the world in the 50 Butterfly.
    So yup! I'm definitely swim happy. 
  • Congratulations, Benjamin!  That's a LOT to be proud of in your swimming!

Since it was frustratingly slow trying to get your post to load up in this long thread, I am going to start a new "Swim Happy" thread.  I hope to see you there with more great news!

Reply Children
No Data