Swim happy

Former Member
Former Member
So we have a "swim rant" thread, but I wanted to post my "swim happy" moment today, probably brought on by being out of the water for over a week. Pool reopened after maintenance + clear, fresh perfect temp water + 6 lap lanes between 4 lap swimmers = 4200yd :bliss:
Parents
  • Awesome that you got a cool, placid pool... but one question... Does your facility allow only one person in the pool area? We are not supposed to swim alone at our facility (although many do) and it seems odd that with all the litigation about lightening storms they would leave themselves so open to a drowning accident. I've often wondered the same thing regarding the pool at my gym. On any given day, I am usually alone in the pool for some portion of my workout. The facility has a security camera, but I wonder whether anyone is even looking at it. As far as I know, since no lifeguard is on duty you're expected to "swim at your own risk". But, since this is the "Swim Happy" thread, I'm going to close on a happier note. I'm going to be swimming with a Masters club starting on November 1, so no more solo pool days for me. :bliss:
  • Awesome that you got a cool, placid pool... but one question... Does your facility allow only one person in the pool area? We are not supposed to swim alone at our facility (although many do) and it seems odd that with all the litigation about lightening storms they would leave themselves so open to a drowning accident. I've often wondered the same thing regarding the pool at my gym. On any given day, I am usually alone in the pool for some portion of my workout. The facility has a security camera, but I wonder whether anyone is even looking at it. As far as I know, since no lifeguard is on duty you're expected to "swim at your own risk". But, since this is the "Swim Happy" thread, I'm going to close on a happier note. I'm going to be swimming with a Masters club starting on November 1, so no more solo pool days for me. :bliss:
Children
No Data