Swim happy

Former Member
Former Member
So we have a "swim rant" thread, but I wanted to post my "swim happy" moment today, probably brought on by being out of the water for over a week. Pool reopened after maintenance + clear, fresh perfect temp water + 6 lap lanes between 4 lap swimmers = 4200yd :bliss:
Parents
  • Elaine's story is hard to beat, but for my own happy - I just got back from San Francisco and a swim from Alcatraz. Right after jumping off of the boat, I got caught in an East current and was swept way to far to the East and swam back on track after the support boat came to tell me I was too far out, then about 600 yards from the finish, my goggles broke and I could not fix them, so I swam back in with goggles in my hand and my eyes closed, only opening them to sight. My time was a minute or two faster than last year and I am sure I swam much further this time. And despite all that did not go quite right, my first thoughts of that swim are the feelings of being happy, out in the SF Bay (one of my favorite places in the world), and doing what I love most in the world to do!! (I am a failry new open water swimmer, but I LOVE to swim). :fish2:
  • Elaine's story is hard to beat, but for my own happy - I just got back from San Francisco and a swim from Alcatraz. Right after jumping off of the boat, I got caught in an East current and was swept way to far to the East and swam back on track after the support boat came to tell me I was too far out, then about 600 yards from the finish, my goggles broke and I could not fix them, so I swam back in with goggles in my hand and my eyes closed, only opening them to sight. My time was a minute or two faster than last year and I am sure I swam much further this time. And despite all that did not go quite right, my first thoughts of that swim are the feelings of being happy, out in the SF Bay (one of my favorite places in the world), and doing what I love most in the world to do!! (I am a failry new open water swimmer, but I LOVE to swim). :fish2:
Children
No Data