Best / favourite books on swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
As I was perusing the reviews for 100 Best Swimming Drills I thought to myself "Self, what do the USMS forumites have to say about their favourite swimming books?" I enjoy Taormina's Swim Speed Secrets (but I hate the title). The Science Of Swimming Faster (Riewald) is epic for geeks like me. Swimming Studies (Shapton) is a wonderful compendium of swimming memories and experiences. Thoughts?
Parents
  • The swimming book I always recommend to new Masters swimmers is Mastering Swimming, by Jim Montgomery and Mo Chambers. A fun read is Swim, Why We Love the Water, by Lynn Sherr. (As a side note, she contacted me here on the Forums and asked permission to use my "You know you're hooked on swimming..." thread. In return, she sent me an autographed copy of the book, and we had a memorable e-mail exchange.)
  • The swimming book I always recommend to new Masters swimmers is Mastering Swimming, by Jim Montgomery and Mo Chambers. A fun read is Swim, Why We Love the Water, by Lynn Sherr. (As a side note, she contacted me here on the Forums and asked permission to use my "You know you're hooked on swimming..." thread. In return, she sent me an autographed copy of the book, and we had a memorable e-mail exchange.)
Children
No Data