Should USMS be called USMS?

Howdy, Just for kicks and grins, should USMS be United States Masters Swimming. After all, very few of us are "Masters." Synchro has "grand masters" for those adult members who were nationally ranked when they were younger. I like the idea of having a category that separates the elite from the rest of us lap swimmers. But, aside from that, what else could we call ourselves? a) United States Senior Swimming b) United States Adult Senior Swimming c) Adult Senior Swimming Any other ideas?? PW
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    So Badger... Have you found somewhere, yet? As for the 50m pool: not exactly. (as in, yes, I know where they are but no, they are not accessible to me in terms of cost) As for a masters group: Lots of them around here! The group at Hanscom looks pretty friendly to newbies. But I don't think my fitness is even at the 'slow lane' level just yet. :( (Also, as a newly-minted paramedic I work odd hours, so I kind of squish my pool-time in where I can.) However, I'm hoping to maybe give them a try starting in their January session. :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    So Badger... Have you found somewhere, yet? As for the 50m pool: not exactly. (as in, yes, I know where they are but no, they are not accessible to me in terms of cost) As for a masters group: Lots of them around here! The group at Hanscom looks pretty friendly to newbies. But I don't think my fitness is even at the 'slow lane' level just yet. :( (Also, as a newly-minted paramedic I work odd hours, so I kind of squish my pool-time in where I can.) However, I'm hoping to maybe give them a try starting in their January session. :)
Children
No Data