Should USMS be called USMS?

Howdy, Just for kicks and grins, should USMS be United States Masters Swimming. After all, very few of us are "Masters." Synchro has "grand masters" for those adult members who were nationally ranked when they were younger. I like the idea of having a category that separates the elite from the rest of us lap swimmers. But, aside from that, what else could we call ourselves? a) United States Senior Swimming b) United States Adult Senior Swimming c) Adult Senior Swimming Any other ideas?? PW
Parents
  • This is probably unrealistic, but perhaps USMS should officially fuse with USA Swimming so that swimming in our country just has one umbrella organization with age groups starting at 6 and under and going to the current 100-104 (and perhaps someday soon, 105-109)?Conceptually, a sound idea. Practically, I'd not want to give up the great leadership and focus on adults swimming that we have with USMS leadership at all levels - from paid/national office staff to national/regional/local volunteers. We have a very special organization in USMS and I'd hate to see that subsumed by USA Swimming (which is not bad, but not as good as USMS).
  • This is probably unrealistic, but perhaps USMS should officially fuse with USA Swimming so that swimming in our country just has one umbrella organization with age groups starting at 6 and under and going to the current 100-104 (and perhaps someday soon, 105-109)?Conceptually, a sound idea. Practically, I'd not want to give up the great leadership and focus on adults swimming that we have with USMS leadership at all levels - from paid/national office staff to national/regional/local volunteers. We have a very special organization in USMS and I'd hate to see that subsumed by USA Swimming (which is not bad, but not as good as USMS).
Children
No Data