Should USMS be called USMS?

Howdy, Just for kicks and grins, should USMS be United States Masters Swimming. After all, very few of us are "Masters." Synchro has "grand masters" for those adult members who were nationally ranked when they were younger. I like the idea of having a category that separates the elite from the rest of us lap swimmers. But, aside from that, what else could we call ourselves? a) United States Senior Swimming b) United States Adult Senior Swimming c) Adult Senior Swimming Any other ideas?? PW
Parents
  • How about U.S. Adult Swimming Association (USASA) or something similar? I agree that "Masters" implies that its for old people or for people who have achieved mastery (defined as "great skill or technique"). Ok, now that wouldn't be too bad. After all, once a person turns 18 years old, we are considered adults by law. (Of course, reality is an entirely different story!)
  • How about U.S. Adult Swimming Association (USASA) or something similar? I agree that "Masters" implies that its for old people or for people who have achieved mastery (defined as "great skill or technique"). Ok, now that wouldn't be too bad. After all, once a person turns 18 years old, we are considered adults by law. (Of course, reality is an entirely different story!)
Children
No Data