Does swimming mean too much to me?

Former Member
Former Member
Swimming has had such a positive impact on my life, both mentally and physically, that when I'm not able to swim, it's devatstating to me. I had swimmer's ear last month. Saw a urgent care dr on the weekend that prescribed antibiotics and advised 10 days away from the pool. Ok, did it. Followed her orders perfectly. However, the ear didn't seem quite well, but hey, I took the antibiotics and did as she said, so "stop questioning yourself". I also faithfully used swimmer's ear drying aid on the deck after every practice, 4 days a week. So, here again, I have another bout of swimmer's ear infection, so I saw my primary dr. She said since it was another infection so quickly after the last, she suspects it could fungal instead of bacterial (which explains why I never felt 100 percent back to normal regarding the first bout taking antibiotics). I have an appointment with an ENT next Tuesday. Hopefully he wil clean out both ears and set me on course with anti fungal drops. I thought, that's doable. 2 weeks max away from practice. Not so fast - I mentioned to my primary I had a lump above my belly button that had been there for at least 18 months. She examined and noted it was not a hernia, but possibly scar tissue or fatty tissue. She sent me for an ultrasound. I have since read that ultrasounds can not detect "scar tissue", so why have one? I did anyway and the result was, "We dont' know what it is, and that concerns us, so it needs to be exscised out or biopsied. Could be nothing or could be something." Terrific. :afraid::badday: Mind you, I've had 2 lap proceedures in the passed in that exact area. I'm prone to say it's just scar tissue, but that unknown in the back of my head concerns me. All of that is not good, of course, if it's more serious than scar tissue. But I'm grieving missing probably up to 2 months of swim practice. I still don't have a surgical date or met the surgeon yet. Hoping that happens asap. I just want to get the ball rolling. Get in there, check it out, ease my mind and let me get on with life. Thanks for letting me vent. Between ear fungal issue and this upcoming lap surgery - I'm going to miss a lot practice. Do I love swimming too much?
Parents Reply Children
No Data