Questions About Building Home Pool

Former Member
Former Member
Hi All, First time poster here, so please excuse any unfamiliarity with submission etiquette or duplication. I am looking into building a pool at my home that would include two 25-yard swim lanes. A few issues have arisen and I need some advice. First, I want to have an overflow gutter system, like I have seen at many competition pools, but cannot find anyone who will install that system in a residential pool. Does that sound right? Making matters worse, I cannot find anyone who will install anything other than a flat wall, i.e., no "inside the wall" gutter system. Assuming that the flat wall is my only option, please let me know if you think it will be sufficient for wave dampening purposes if I have lane lines between the lanes and next to the walls. I am concerned that the wave reflection off of the walls will result in buffeting that will make swimming for long periods of time difficult. Second, I am planning on 6-foot wide lanes and could lose a few inches to the lane lines. Do you think 5'6" wide lane lines is sufficient for 3 folks in a lane or should I make sure I have at least 6'? Third, the installer is recommending a salt sanitation system instead of old-fashion chlorine. Does anyone have any experience with salt systems? Salt water is typically more buoyant, which sounds good to me. Also, I am more sensitive than others to chlorine, so this alternative sounds attractive. But I am not familiar if there are any drawbacks. Thanks for any input into the above or any other suggestions about building a home pool.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    Thanks for the comment. I heard previously about the rock beneath the soil in AZ. Here on the eastern shore of Maryland, the soil is quite soft Given the history of the place, no telling what we will find when we start digging. Bob
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    Thanks for the comment. I heard previously about the rock beneath the soil in AZ. Here on the eastern shore of Maryland, the soil is quite soft Given the history of the place, no telling what we will find when we start digging. Bob
Children
No Data