The New Approach to Meets

Iâ€Tmm really gratified to hear that USMS is approving sanctions beginning in November. That doesnâ€Tmt mean that any and all can swim in a particular meet. Some of us “race horses” are looking for competition. In my area, a team has a sanction for “members only”...an inter squad meet. So exclusionary events are OK? I live close by, but canâ€Tmt compete because Iâ€Tmm not affiliated with that team. How can this be a USMS event? ....I assume that records and Top Tens will be available to participants. I understand the limitations of COVID, and donâ€Tmt begrudge a team from having an inter squad meet, but if it is in the name of the organization at large, to the exclusion of our members, I must question. Any thoughts?
Parents
  • Looks like they're moving "Spring" Nats to July, and "Summer" Nats to October. I'm kind of excited, good chance I will be vaccinated by then, and I think my July calendar looks pretty good to be able to go to that one. Plus a few extra months to after it took awhile to get back in full shape from the shutdowns.This is good from my point of view. It will be great if both happen and if I can get a vaccine before the "spring" event.
  • We are having our South Central Zone Meet(s) in multiple locations to reduce the number of people in any one place with the results to be merged for the overall zone. 

"Multi-pool zones champs meet. Results for all locations will be merged after completion of all events. All meets will happen between May 8 - May 16."

The number of entrants is limited for each location and health protocols will be observed. 

• We are having our South Central Zone Meet(s) in multiple locations to reduce the number of people in any one place with the results to be merged for the overall zone. 

"Multi-pool zones champs meet. Results for all locations will be merged after completion of all events. All meets will happen between May 8 - May 16."

The number of entrants is limited for each location and health protocols will be observed. 

Children
No Data