The New Approach to Meets

Iâ€Tmm really gratified to hear that USMS is approving sanctions beginning in November. That doesnâ€Tmt mean that any and all can swim in a particular meet. Some of us “race horses” are looking for competition. In my area, a team has a sanction for “members only”...an inter squad meet. So exclusionary events are OK? I live close by, but canâ€Tmt compete because Iâ€Tmm not affiliated with that team. How can this be a USMS event? ....I assume that records and Top Tens will be available to participants. I understand the limitations of COVID, and donâ€Tmt begrudge a team from having an inter squad meet, but if it is in the name of the organization at large, to the exclusion of our members, I must question. Any thoughts?
Parents
  • Iâ€Tmm really gratified to hear that USMS is approving sanctions beginning in November...Where was that communicated? I agree. I find it odd that USMS has not made any announcements about meets, top tens, All-Americans, etc. 8 months into this pandemic. It seems like every sporadic email randomly refers to stroke technique or virtual swimming and not a word about ...... what their most committed members care about, COMPETITION
  • Iâ€Tmm really gratified to hear that USMS is approving sanctions beginning in November...Where was that communicated? I agree. I find it odd that USMS has not made any announcements about meets, top tens, All-Americans, etc. 8 months into this pandemic. It seems like every sporadic email randomly refers to stroke technique or virtual swimming and not a word about ...... what their most committed members care about, COMPETITION
Children
No Data