The New Approach to Meets

Iâ€Tmm really gratified to hear that USMS is approving sanctions beginning in November. That doesnâ€Tmt mean that any and all can swim in a particular meet. Some of us “race horses” are looking for competition. In my area, a team has a sanction for “members only”...an inter squad meet. So exclusionary events are OK? I live close by, but canâ€Tmt compete because Iâ€Tmm not affiliated with that team. How can this be a USMS event? ....I assume that records and Top Tens will be available to participants. I understand the limitations of COVID, and donâ€Tmt begrudge a team from having an inter squad meet, but if it is in the name of the organization at large, to the exclusion of our members, I must question. Any thoughts?
Parents
  • It could be a sort of “dry run” for future meets, given the many Covid restrictions. I think itâ€Tms reasonable to limit the number of participants, but unreasonable to limit who those participants are. Giving the benefit of the doubt.
  • It could be a sort of “dry run” for future meets, given the many Covid restrictions. I think itâ€Tms reasonable to limit the number of participants, but unreasonable to limit who those participants are. Giving the benefit of the doubt.
Children
No Data