Pool Temperature-It sucks!

The pool I swim at has increased the temperature to 84F and it just sucks.  It used to be a degree or two cooler which was tolerable; it's amazing what a difference a degree or two can make in the water.  I've been told the temperature increase is because the parents were complaining their little darlings were cold during lessons.  I would have more sympathy for this argument if there weren't FIVE other pools within a few miles that are in the same parks and rec district. Plus two outdoor pools in the summer.  One of these pools is kept extra hot, like 89 or 90, as a therapy pool.  

The pool I use is a 50M x 25Y and is used by all the clubs. There is very little club use of the other pools.  I keep thinking this extra degree or so of heat must be costing the district a fortune.  If I could find out the number of gallons in the pool I (or my math smart kid) could calculate the cost

So has anybody fought this fight and won?  Does any ammo I could use?  Health effects, cost etc.  I suspect it wouldn't take a lot of work to bring the other teams and regular lap swimming on board. 

Signed, 

Cooking in Beaverton, Oregon.

Parents Reply Children
No Data