Balancing on the blocks...

Now that I have aged a few years since active competition I have found myself very unsteady on the starting blocks.  Any suggestions for this 65 year old.  Maybe some exercises or balancing stretches?

Parents
  • different facilities will have different blocks so it makes it hard to prepare for specific venues. In general, if it is during a meet, have a teammate or timer help you get on the block just to be safe. 
    Practicing standing on one leg and moving the other leg up and down is a good exercise. Once you are confident in that, do one-legged squats where you only go down about 4-6 inches and then push back up on one leg to strengthen as well as solidify balance. 

• different facilities will have different blocks so it makes it hard to prepare for specific venues. In general, if it is during a meet, have a teammate or timer help you get on the block just to be safe. 
    Practicing standing on one leg and moving the other leg up and down is a good exercise. Once you are confident in that, do one-legged squats where you only go down about 4-6 inches and then push back up on one leg to strengthen as well as solidify balance. 

Children
No Data