Total newb here........My question is about parachutes.

I bought an 8 inch and first time I used it it felt like I was pulling a dumpster.

I found some nylon material and fashioned a second one about double the size that feels like I'm pulling the dump truck. 

Switching back to the 8 inch feels like there's nothing there.

First I'm wondering how prevalent is the use of parachutes in training, and secondly, how often or what are the limits if any in incorporating them into my training sessions? Is the use of parachutes confined to a particular camp of swimmers such as sprinters or distance or does parachute usage benefit equally. 

In just limited used I feel like my pull is much stronger....

Also......this lady that swims when I do she convinces me to join USMS and go out to a meet.  Looks like there's no turning back now. The meet is this weekend. I'm entered in the 50 and the 100 mainly because I don't feel I've got enough milage under my belt to do the 2s or 4s or 8s. And it's strictly freestyle.  My second question is which online coach? Does one have benefits over another? I'm looking for a training schedule where the daily sets are cohesive. Training sessions that build one upon the other....not some random here's a set from one guy and then another set that while might be an excellent session.....has no relationship to the previous random training session. 

Parents
  • parachutes are something you can bring into your training later on. Without a great base and having a specific reason to use them, they don't serve a great purpose and could cause shoulder issues if used incorrectly or with bad technique. 

The basic training workouts in the USMS Workout Library are the most broad and it is a consistent coach each year so the workouts are strung together with purpose. 

Welcome to the USMS family!

• parachutes are something you can bring into your training later on. Without a great base and having a specific reason to use them, they don't serve a great purpose and could cause shoulder issues if used incorrectly or with bad technique. 

The basic training workouts in the USMS Workout Library are the most broad and it is a consistent coach each year so the workouts are strung together with purpose. 

Welcome to the USMS family!

Children
No Data