Goggles strap: Outside your swimcap, or inside?

Former Member
Former Member
I've been told that "real swimmers" strap inside. Yet, looking at images of world class swimmers in action, I see many strap outside. Discuss.
Parents
  • But why? :) Is it personal preference? Fear of goggles moving? In competition, the goggles stay on more securely under my cap on the starts. I use a different brand of goggles (cheap Swim Outlet Sporti goggles) for training, and the strap slips on my cap during turns unless I adjust the goggles quite tight. I would rather have the goggles fit a bit looser, which is more comfortable for me, and have the cap hold them securely in place.
  • But why? :) Is it personal preference? Fear of goggles moving? In competition, the goggles stay on more securely under my cap on the starts. I use a different brand of goggles (cheap Swim Outlet Sporti goggles) for training, and the strap slips on my cap during turns unless I adjust the goggles quite tight. I would rather have the goggles fit a bit looser, which is more comfortable for me, and have the cap hold them securely in place.
Children
No Data