A-fib & cold water

I have noticed lately that when I swim when our pool is cold (75) that my A-fib seems to act up more. Anyone else?
  • i had episodic a-fib for 11 years and swimming was never the trigger and i swam in some cold pools. my cardiologist and i could never figure out the trigger. they started getting more frequent and 5 years ago i had a cardiac ablation and have been a-fib free since. no meds no thinners (other than a low dose ASA). i consider myself a lucky one as initial ablation doesn't always work
  • I actually found the cool water better for training when my A-fib was flaring up. I had a cardioversion procedure about 1-1/2 year ago and I've been mostly back to normal since.
  • I guess it could. Two common correctable precipitants: alcohol bingeing and cold drinks and food (cold drink heart in about 10 percent).
  • Well, I had A fib and I still had a high heart beat in April at 190, so medication was increase in dosage. It was not A fiv at least. It was hyperthyroid issues that caused the a fib.

• If you consume caffeine and alcohol daily, I would begin by moderating both. Not eliminating, but moderating the quantity of each.