Alright, who is using the Magic5 goggles?

Wondering how many people here have tried those. I contributed to their kickstart campaign. Was going to get some for my daughters, but they never would actually do the face scan, so I lost that investment. Eventually decided to get some for myself. Initially loved them. Bought two pair, a clear (well, blue) one, and a lightly tinted one. Got a 3rd dark pair for outdoor swimming in the middle of the day. That pair never worked as well. At any rate, at this point, none of them work particularly well. They leak, and they make my eye sockets sore. All of them. I kind of joke to myself that they were indeed magic, for about 5 weeks. So I'm back to vanquishers. Wondering if anyone else had similar or better or worse experiences.
Parents
  • I decided to try them and I'm definitely not a badass.  I've been using Aquasphere Kaimens for years, in pool and open water, and love them but they do leave me with marks on my eyes for hours afterwards and at my age, the skin around my eyes is looking rather dicey.  So I figured I'd try them.  So far so good.  I still have marks right out of the pool but they disappear by the time I'm done showering.  They are very comfortable so far but I haven't worn them for over 4 hours....will have to wait for the open water to get a real idea of how well they work over time.  67King, sorry to hear things changed at 5 weeks, I've only been using them for 3 weeks, so we'll see how it goes.  Will report back once the water warms up.

• My new pool goggles fogged up and became useless within a few weeks.  Reported to company, no response.  I'll use the open water ones until they fog out, then return to my Aquasphere Kaimans.  

• My new pool goggles fogged up and became useless within a few weeks.  Reported to company, no response.  I'll use the open water ones until they fog out, then return to my Aquasphere Kaimans.  

Children
  • goggles fog up because the anti-fog wears off in a few weeks and then tiny particles collect on the surface that  allow/attract water vapor (fog) to form. I've never had much luck with antifog liquid sprays and have never had a set of goggles where the anti-fog coating din'[t wear off. Try washing with a little Johnson's baby shampoo very gently to avoid scratching the plastic, and then rinsing. I usually get one to three swims and repeat. I don't have trouble with my 2-3 year old vanquishers fogging as long as i wash and rinse them every couple of swims. Hope it helps..  .      

• Thanks for that advice.  My Aquaspheres have lasted me for over a year without fogging, both the polarized for outside and regulars in the pool, and I swim at least 5x a week.  So 3 weeks is just not acceptable.  They are comfortable, so I'll try out the polarized ones and see how long they last and report back, but it's not likely I would buy another pair.