Gps swim watch

Have been swimming in the ocean and walking (instead of swimming in the pool and weight training) since the Covid 19 crisis began so have been thinking of getting a watch that keeps track of both my distance swimming and distance walking. Seems like the Garmin Swim 2 watch is the best out there (not interested in Apple). Before I take the plunge I was hoping for some feedback from people who already use it.
Parents
  • For those with the Garmin Swim 2, what's the longest (time) open-water swim you've done? I just got the watch and after seeing how much the battery depletes with a couple of pool swims I have doubts as to whether the battery will last long enough for a 10k open water with GPS on. The Garmin Forerunner 25 that I mentioned in my above post from Aug 29...I use it for open water swims by strapping it to my swim buoy. It works great (for time/pace/distance only). I did an 12k open water swim a couple of weeks ago that because of water conditions took excessively longer than it should have...5½ hours. The fully charged FR25 recorded the entire swim. Dan
  • For those with the Garmin Swim 2, what's the longest (time) open-water swim you've done? I just got the watch and after seeing how much the battery depletes with a couple of pool swims I have doubts as to whether the battery will last long enough for a 10k open water with GPS on. The Garmin Forerunner 25 that I mentioned in my above post from Aug 29...I use it for open water swims by strapping it to my swim buoy. It works great (for time/pace/distance only). I did an 12k open water swim a couple of weeks ago that because of water conditions took excessively longer than it should have...5½ hours. The fully charged FR25 recorded the entire swim. Dan
Children
No Data