How good of a swimmer am I?

Former Member
Former Member
I've been lifting weights + running for a few years and have been swimming on and off for a couple of years. Last season I ramped up my swimming slightly to maybe 2000 meters 3 times per week. I'm gonna try a swimrun in about a month and have tried to increase my swimming to 4 times per week during the summer. I can do a 5k run in 20 mins if I max it so I think the running is fine but I don't know about my swimming. Best 100 meters time 1:20 (was few months ago, maybe I could increase it to 1:15 by now) I get really tired by it but I can do 3 intervalls of 100 meters at 1:30. With 1:30 rest. Longest crawl 1k (was really hard) 19 minutes I have tried to make a 400 meter swim in 7 minutes twice in the last week but had bad days both times and got like 7:30. I hope I am considered an intermediate swimmer at this but I'm not sure?
Parents
  • Everything is relative, really. If you are a triathlete or swimmer/runner, those times are quite respectable. If you are competing in just swimming events, you won't win Nationals, but you know, who cares? What are your goals? If you were a non-swimmer who just recently got into swimming a few years ago, then 1:20 is pretty good for 100 meters. I am a former swimmer who got back into swimming as an adult after a long layoff, and my masters' best is 1:10 and change, but I'm in my 60s. You didn't say how old you are, so that is another factor. 

• Everything is relative, really. If you are a triathlete or swimmer/runner, those times are quite respectable. If you are competing in just swimming events, you won't win Nationals, but you know, who cares? What are your goals? If you were a non-swimmer who just recently got into swimming a few years ago, then 1:20 is pretty good for 100 meters. I am a former swimmer who got back into swimming as an adult after a long layoff, and my masters' best is 1:10 and change, but I'm in my 60s. You didn't say how old you are, so that is another factor. 

Children
No Data