Long course training sets - 200 strokes and 200/400 IM

Former Member
Former Member
Hi there. I'm looking for some effective long course training sets for the 200 strokes and 200/400 IM. I already train with a masters team, but I'm looking to do 1-2 sessions a week on my own. I want to make these sessions very specific with the goal being to race faster. I want to improve 2 things: 1. Speed - improve my splits, so my overall times go down 2. Endurance - ability to 'hang on' for longer Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Thanks all for your useful inputs! Appreciate you sharing your knowledge. I'm going to be focusing on: 1. Short rest sets (eg 8x100 with 5 seconds rest) 1. Short rest race pace sets (eg broken 200s as 50, 100, 50 or 50, 50, 100.etc) 2. Pure speed + long rest sets (eg 6x100 @ 8:00 with 200 recovery) 3. Speed changing sets (eg IM examples from above) 4. Weekly/bi-weekly test set (eg derivatives of pwb's 400 IM test set) If you feel like anything is missing or have any other great sets that have worked for you, please feel free to share!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago
    Thanks all for your useful inputs! Appreciate you sharing your knowledge. I'm going to be focusing on: 1. Short rest sets (eg 8x100 with 5 seconds rest) 1. Short rest race pace sets (eg broken 200s as 50, 100, 50 or 50, 50, 100.etc) 2. Pure speed + long rest sets (eg 6x100 @ 8:00 with 200 recovery) 3. Speed changing sets (eg IM examples from above) 4. Weekly/bi-weekly test set (eg derivatives of pwb's 400 IM test set) If you feel like anything is missing or have any other great sets that have worked for you, please feel free to share!
Children
No Data