Long Course Training in Short Course Pool

I'm considering doing my first LCM meet this summer. I have access to LC facilities, but currently train on my own and SCY pools are my closest/most convenient options. If I do a meet, I will probably only swim free/*** events. I may entertain a 200IM, but that's highly unlikely ;) What's the best way to prepare for long course in a yards pool? Thank you! Amanda
Parents
  • Or another way to look at it: LCM is for swmmers, SCY is for turners. Open water is for swimmers. On a serious note, my order of preference for course layout is ... Open water SCM/SCY ... with LCM as a distant third I'd far prefer to race a mile open water than a 1500 LCM. So, it's not that I need the turns (my one-pack ab demonstrate that amply!), but there's something weird in my wiring about LCM. I really do love training LCM when I get the rare chance to do so, but just haven't ever been in love with racing it.
  • Or another way to look at it: LCM is for swmmers, SCY is for turners. Open water is for swimmers. On a serious note, my order of preference for course layout is ... Open water SCM/SCY ... with LCM as a distant third I'd far prefer to race a mile open water than a 1500 LCM. So, it's not that I need the turns (my one-pack ab demonstrate that amply!), but there's something weird in my wiring about LCM. I really do love training LCM when I get the rare chance to do so, but just haven't ever been in love with racing it.
Children
No Data