What is your typical warmup for a session or a race?

Former Member
Former Member
I know this is a very newbie question, and there is ample info in swim books/sites about this, but I'd love to hear from REAL SWIMMERS like you, thank you very much. What works for you? Lately I've been doing a series of 200m to 25m swims, usually totalling 800m, as a warmup. Example: 2x200m + 2x100m + 2x50m + 4x25m, starting very easy, ending at "fast" pace. In the future I hope to incorporate drills into the warmup, but I don't have a clue yet. :)
Parents
  • Jenks seems like it's an awesome pool. I swam at their old pool in high school that they had built originally in SCM and "converted" to SCY by building a wooden bulkhead/dock thing. So weird. Oklahoma used to have one championship meet quality pool in the aging OCCC Olympic Festival complex, now they have that Jenks pool and another very nice pool in Edmond. I'm hoping there's an SCY Sectionals there again before my aging curve starts going the wrong way :P Yeah the SCM pool is the "warm-up" pool now. Word to the wise: stay the f:censor:k away from that pool if you go to a meet there (unless its LCM, in which case you are stuck using it for warm-up/warm-down). The amazing air filtration system does NOT extend to the old pool, so that place becomes like a gas chamber. By day 3, you can't breathe. Also just checked and looks like Sectionals IS at Jenks for this summer, LCM! It is a damn shame they tore down the OCCC facility. That place was showing its age, its just so sad no one wanted to invest the money to bring it up to snuff again.
  • Jenks seems like it's an awesome pool. I swam at their old pool in high school that they had built originally in SCM and "converted" to SCY by building a wooden bulkhead/dock thing. So weird. Oklahoma used to have one championship meet quality pool in the aging OCCC Olympic Festival complex, now they have that Jenks pool and another very nice pool in Edmond. I'm hoping there's an SCY Sectionals there again before my aging curve starts going the wrong way :P Yeah the SCM pool is the "warm-up" pool now. Word to the wise: stay the f:censor:k away from that pool if you go to a meet there (unless its LCM, in which case you are stuck using it for warm-up/warm-down). The amazing air filtration system does NOT extend to the old pool, so that place becomes like a gas chamber. By day 3, you can't breathe. Also just checked and looks like Sectionals IS at Jenks for this summer, LCM! It is a damn shame they tore down the OCCC facility. That place was showing its age, its just so sad no one wanted to invest the money to bring it up to snuff again.
Children
No Data