What is your typical warmup for a session or a race?

Former Member
Former Member
I know this is a very newbie question, and there is ample info in swim books/sites about this, but I'd love to hear from REAL SWIMMERS like you, thank you very much. What works for you? Lately I've been doing a series of 200m to 25m swims, usually totalling 800m, as a warmup. Example: 2x200m + 2x100m + 2x50m + 4x25m, starting very easy, ending at "fast" pace. In the future I hope to incorporate drills into the warmup, but I don't have a clue yet. :)
Parents
  • most meets won't let you use fins, paddles, snorkels, etc. It can also depend upon when you get in the pool. If you are an early bird like me, you can often times get away with using equipment before the warm-up pool(s) become over crowded. Only equipment bans I have seen though have been for fins and paddles (which I totally understand). If you asked me which pieces I would most like to have at my disposal during a warm-up, it would be snorkel, kickboard, buoy in that order (mainly because I could always use the kickboard as a buoy in a pinch).
  • most meets won't let you use fins, paddles, snorkels, etc. It can also depend upon when you get in the pool. If you are an early bird like me, you can often times get away with using equipment before the warm-up pool(s) become over crowded. Only equipment bans I have seen though have been for fins and paddles (which I totally understand). If you asked me which pieces I would most like to have at my disposal during a warm-up, it would be snorkel, kickboard, buoy in that order (mainly because I could always use the kickboard as a buoy in a pinch).
Children
No Data