Strokes

So I took some underwater video last weekend, got some snippets of all the strokes. Definitely a lot I see to work on - my catch in all the strokes is pretty weak, dolphin kick on the breaststroke pullout is driving me too deep probably and my recovery in the *** is probably to dive-y. Anybody else see anything constructive? https://youtu.be/s28Bdcowudc
Parents
  • JPEnge, thanks for posting the video. I agree with your self-assessment above. I'd also encourage you to work on reducing the amount of air that you are catching in your pull and - to a certain extent - in your kick. Taking a look at your videos, there is a predominant presence of air bubbles generated from your recovery/entrance into the water, indicating an inefficiency to your stroke and lack of maximum propulsion. You can also try to work on your flexibility overall. Hope this helps. Keep up the swimming and good luck!
  • JPEnge, thanks for posting the video. I agree with your self-assessment above. I'd also encourage you to work on reducing the amount of air that you are catching in your pull and - to a certain extent - in your kick. Taking a look at your videos, there is a predominant presence of air bubbles generated from your recovery/entrance into the water, indicating an inefficiency to your stroke and lack of maximum propulsion. You can also try to work on your flexibility overall. Hope this helps. Keep up the swimming and good luck!
Children
No Data