Strokes

So I took some underwater video last weekend, got some snippets of all the strokes. Definitely a lot I see to work on - my catch in all the strokes is pretty weak, dolphin kick on the breaststroke pullout is driving me too deep probably and my recovery in the *** is probably to dive-y. Anybody else see anything constructive? https://youtu.be/s28Bdcowudc
Parents
  • YAlso, with your BR kick, you are bending too much at the hip, increasing drag. It is interesting that in the underwater kick of your pullout you don't do that. Watch that first kick, that's what they all should look like. OK, that makes a lot of sense and I see exactly what you mean here - changing that seems like a little more than a small tweak though. Any ideas on anything I could do for some kind of tactile cue or drill? I feel like it would involve pulling my hips forward/chest up a little more on the pull?
  • YAlso, with your BR kick, you are bending too much at the hip, increasing drag. It is interesting that in the underwater kick of your pullout you don't do that. Watch that first kick, that's what they all should look like. OK, that makes a lot of sense and I see exactly what you mean here - changing that seems like a little more than a small tweak though. Any ideas on anything I could do for some kind of tactile cue or drill? I feel like it would involve pulling my hips forward/chest up a little more on the pull?
Children
No Data