Strokes

So I took some underwater video last weekend, got some snippets of all the strokes. Definitely a lot I see to work on - my catch in all the strokes is pretty weak, dolphin kick on the breaststroke pullout is driving me too deep probably and my recovery in the *** is probably to dive-y. Anybody else see anything constructive? https://youtu.be/s28Bdcowudc
Parents
  • It's difficult to tell from that angle, but it looks to me like on your freestyle, your right forearm and hand is pulling at an angle outside of elbow and shoulder line rather than angled inside towards your core. It would be much easier to see at a straight-on angle. For that matter, now that you have the side view of all of your strokes, try doing a repeat of the recording session from a straight on view. When I have my husband shoot video of my strokes, I have him do topside side view and front view, and underwater side view and front view. I pick up different things from each video. (As a result, I also get frustrated looking at the videos, because I see the same darn stroke flaws I thought I had already conquered! :frustrated: ​Overall, your strokes look fabulous-- way better than any of mine, that's for sure!
  • It's difficult to tell from that angle, but it looks to me like on your freestyle, your right forearm and hand is pulling at an angle outside of elbow and shoulder line rather than angled inside towards your core. It would be much easier to see at a straight-on angle. For that matter, now that you have the side view of all of your strokes, try doing a repeat of the recording session from a straight on view. When I have my husband shoot video of my strokes, I have him do topside side view and front view, and underwater side view and front view. I pick up different things from each video. (As a result, I also get frustrated looking at the videos, because I see the same darn stroke flaws I thought I had already conquered! :frustrated: ​Overall, your strokes look fabulous-- way better than any of mine, that's for sure!
Children
No Data