Improving 25M Free Sprint Speed Quickly

I'm looking for suggestions on improving my 25m sprint speed. Here is a video of my current sprint stroke. Be warned that my sprint pace is probably like sauntering in the water for many of you. www.dropbox.com/.../Free sprint - Feb 22.MOV I started working on my Freestyle about 4 months ago. I couldn't swim 15m without stopping back then. Now I can swim 10+ laps at a pace of about 30sec/25m. Two months ago, I could "sprint" 25m in 29sec. With the above stroke, I can do it in 22sec. The thing is my friend, and I like to race, and he is 4 seconds faster. I made a bet that I will beat him in a month. Yeah, probably not a smart bet :D. But I would like to give it my best. Appreciate any suggestions.
Parents
  • 1 second in a few weeks for 25 is major improvement. even 0.1 second improvement is significant. as mentioned, cramps will happen as you adapt to the training, stay hydrated and nourished I start kicking right before glide momentum drops, but always do what works best for you and continue to experiment as you have been If you are faster just gliding all way to the surface into stroke, then do so for timed swims, but continue to work the underwater dolphin kick because once mastered it can be quite faster. It actually took me a couple years to do it decent, and it even longer before my UWDK was faster than UW flutter kicking Always keep in mind however, that technical precision in stroke is far more rewarding than power. Keep up the good work man!
  • 1 second in a few weeks for 25 is major improvement. even 0.1 second improvement is significant. as mentioned, cramps will happen as you adapt to the training, stay hydrated and nourished I start kicking right before glide momentum drops, but always do what works best for you and continue to experiment as you have been If you are faster just gliding all way to the surface into stroke, then do so for timed swims, but continue to work the underwater dolphin kick because once mastered it can be quite faster. It actually took me a couple years to do it decent, and it even longer before my UWDK was faster than UW flutter kicking Always keep in mind however, that technical precision in stroke is far more rewarding than power. Keep up the good work man!
Children
No Data