Improving 25M Free Sprint Speed Quickly

I'm looking for suggestions on improving my 25m sprint speed. Here is a video of my current sprint stroke. Be warned that my sprint pace is probably like sauntering in the water for many of you. www.dropbox.com/.../Free sprint - Feb 22.MOV I started working on my Freestyle about 4 months ago. I couldn't swim 15m without stopping back then. Now I can swim 10+ laps at a pace of about 30sec/25m. Two months ago, I could "sprint" 25m in 29sec. With the above stroke, I can do it in 22sec. The thing is my friend, and I like to race, and he is 4 seconds faster. I made a bet that I will beat him in a month. Yeah, probably not a smart bet :D. But I would like to give it my best. Appreciate any suggestions.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I have a few more questions and hope to hear your feedback. Thanks in advance 1) While doing kicking drills, my feet are sometimes cramping. Am I kicking too fast or hard? I take 1 or 2 breaths while I kick one lap (25m). 2) After push-off, how long should I keep my streamline before I start kicking? 3) This may be related to #2. I'm trying dolphin kick after push off and am not sure if this is helping or not. What I noticed is my transition from dolphin to flutter kick has been awkward as I'm still underwater. So far I improved my 25m speed by only 1 second. Long way to go! I don't know for sure, but I think that improvement came from these kicking drills I've been doing. 1) I’m not entirely sure, but it could be a combination of just needing more conditioning, more warm up time, and stretching. www.kiefer.com/.../swimming-cramps-cause-cure-prevention 2) I streamline for maybe .5 to one second before dolphin kicking. 3) Try dolphin kicking to the surface, then when you break the water and start your stroke, then you start flutter kicking. Any improvement is good. You’re already going pretty fast.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I have a few more questions and hope to hear your feedback. Thanks in advance 1) While doing kicking drills, my feet are sometimes cramping. Am I kicking too fast or hard? I take 1 or 2 breaths while I kick one lap (25m). 2) After push-off, how long should I keep my streamline before I start kicking? 3) This may be related to #2. I'm trying dolphin kick after push off and am not sure if this is helping or not. What I noticed is my transition from dolphin to flutter kick has been awkward as I'm still underwater. So far I improved my 25m speed by only 1 second. Long way to go! I don't know for sure, but I think that improvement came from these kicking drills I've been doing. 1) I’m not entirely sure, but it could be a combination of just needing more conditioning, more warm up time, and stretching. www.kiefer.com/.../swimming-cramps-cause-cure-prevention 2) I streamline for maybe .5 to one second before dolphin kicking. 3) Try dolphin kicking to the surface, then when you break the water and start your stroke, then you start flutter kicking. Any improvement is good. You’re already going pretty fast.
Children
No Data