Improving 25M Free Sprint Speed Quickly

I'm looking for suggestions on improving my 25m sprint speed. Here is a video of my current sprint stroke. Be warned that my sprint pace is probably like sauntering in the water for many of you. www.dropbox.com/.../Free sprint - Feb 22.MOV I started working on my Freestyle about 4 months ago. I couldn't swim 15m without stopping back then. Now I can swim 10+ laps at a pace of about 30sec/25m. Two months ago, I could "sprint" 25m in 29sec. With the above stroke, I can do it in 22sec. The thing is my friend, and I like to race, and he is 4 seconds faster. I made a bet that I will beat him in a month. Yeah, probably not a smart bet :D. But I would like to give it my best. Appreciate any suggestions.
Parents
  • Thank you guys for the suggestions. Wow, my pull does look like a T-Rex's arm! One gentleman here (Allen Stark) had told me that I need to keep my elbows high during my breaststroke pull. After that, I tried imagining a barrel but ended up bending my wrists and cupping my hands. The imaginary barrel was around the hands instead of the forearm. We're going to need a bigger barrel. I have a question about kicking. I tried a few all-out 25m kicks yesterday and noticed one thing. I felt I moved faster when I not only kicked down but flexed my ankle and kicked slightly forward. This seemed counterintuitive. Besides reducing my amplitude, what else do I need to pay attention to in these kicking drills? I breathe every two strokes during normal freestyle and did the same during the sprint also. How often should I breathe during the sprint?
  • Thank you guys for the suggestions. Wow, my pull does look like a T-Rex's arm! One gentleman here (Allen Stark) had told me that I need to keep my elbows high during my breaststroke pull. After that, I tried imagining a barrel but ended up bending my wrists and cupping my hands. The imaginary barrel was around the hands instead of the forearm. We're going to need a bigger barrel. I have a question about kicking. I tried a few all-out 25m kicks yesterday and noticed one thing. I felt I moved faster when I not only kicked down but flexed my ankle and kicked slightly forward. This seemed counterintuitive. Besides reducing my amplitude, what else do I need to pay attention to in these kicking drills? I breathe every two strokes during normal freestyle and did the same during the sprint also. How often should I breathe during the sprint?
Children
No Data