Improving 25M Free Sprint Speed Quickly

I'm looking for suggestions on improving my 25m sprint speed. Here is a video of my current sprint stroke. Be warned that my sprint pace is probably like sauntering in the water for many of you. www.dropbox.com/.../Free sprint - Feb 22.MOV I started working on my Freestyle about 4 months ago. I couldn't swim 15m without stopping back then. Now I can swim 10+ laps at a pace of about 30sec/25m. Two months ago, I could "sprint" 25m in 29sec. With the above stroke, I can do it in 22sec. The thing is my friend, and I like to race, and he is 4 seconds faster. I made a bet that I will beat him in a month. Yeah, probably not a smart bet :D. But I would like to give it my best. Appreciate any suggestions.
Parents
  • You can loose seconds just from a quick and powerful start while holding a very tight streamline. the first 15m of the 25 is about 99% of how fast the swim will be. If your challenge is done one after another instead of a heat, let your buddy go first, and when it’s your turn, surprise him or her by climbing up onto the block, shaven down, and use the powerful track start that you will have practiced. Also work on25m all out kicks for time. Remember, tight streamline with arms squeezing your ears. Once you show your buddy how it’s done by beating him, work on your stroke, narrow your kick amplitude, and learn efficiency (i.e., high elbow mentioned above)
  • You can loose seconds just from a quick and powerful start while holding a very tight streamline. the first 15m of the 25 is about 99% of how fast the swim will be. If your challenge is done one after another instead of a heat, let your buddy go first, and when it’s your turn, surprise him or her by climbing up onto the block, shaven down, and use the powerful track start that you will have practiced. Also work on25m all out kicks for time. Remember, tight streamline with arms squeezing your ears. Once you show your buddy how it’s done by beating him, work on your stroke, narrow your kick amplitude, and learn efficiency (i.e., high elbow mentioned above)
Children
No Data