1-hour Postal Swim advice

I have a bit of a quandary with my upcoming 1-hour Postal swim. As I've been training for it, I've concentrated on hitting certain yardage (meters) at specific times. However, for whatever reason, at the SCM pool that I swim at about 99% of the time, there won't be a Postal swim conducted this year. I had to sign up for a time-slot at another nearby pool...that I've never actually swam in. It's a rather new facility at a local college. I was under the assumption that it too is a 25 SCM pool. So no big deal. But I just found out that it's a SCY pool. So my question is...other than the obvious of doing the math to convert from meters to yards to determine where I want to be at certain times...is there anything else that I should be considering? Should I just throw out my planned time/distance milestones from the SCM pool and just "go for it" in the SCY pool? Dan 11507
Parents
  • My problem last year as a newcomer was no one to record it for me. I have a Swimovate watch that records laps very accurately, but it's not acceptable unless there's someone else to sign that they watched me do it. Last year was my first year too. The coach (longtime friend) at my usual swim group/pool did the counting for me last year. But at the pool I am swimming it in for this year...the school's swimmers are volunteering to do it for donations to their team (good idea). I've also thought about baking some cookies for my personal lap counter. A nice snack to enjoy during the hour. My "suggestion" will be that if they lose count while enjoying the cookies during my swim...to 'round UP' to the next lap. Dan
  • My problem last year as a newcomer was no one to record it for me. I have a Swimovate watch that records laps very accurately, but it's not acceptable unless there's someone else to sign that they watched me do it. Last year was my first year too. The coach (longtime friend) at my usual swim group/pool did the counting for me last year. But at the pool I am swimming it in for this year...the school's swimmers are volunteering to do it for donations to their team (good idea). I've also thought about baking some cookies for my personal lap counter. A nice snack to enjoy during the hour. My "suggestion" will be that if they lose count while enjoying the cookies during my swim...to 'round UP' to the next lap. Dan
Children
No Data