Backstroke

Trying to reacquaint myself with my backstroke, it seems to be the slowest to come along thus far in my comeback. From a couple angles here. www.instagram.com/.../ I wasn't pushing pace at all, but I didn't feel like my stroke rate was quite as shockingly slow as the video shows - that's the first striking thing! Other things I see - -Sloppy underwater: Too deep attack angle, too much kick amplitude, bad transition into flutter kick, feet too far apart -Probably sculling down too far before flipping elbow. This could be a lot of my stroke rate issue. -Looks like I might not be getting my shoulders all the way rotated around before hand entry? -To the positive side I'm pretty happy with my body position and my flutter kick. Anything else?
Parents
  • Hiya! Your hips seem low in the water to me, possibly due to having "slowed down" your kick. Core is critical in the backstroke and maintaining horizontal body position through to the feet as well. Do you have any video at a less relaxed speed that might belay my fears about kick frequency and core/body position? Matt
  • Hiya! Your hips seem low in the water to me, possibly due to having "slowed down" your kick. Core is critical in the backstroke and maintaining horizontal body position through to the feet as well. Do you have any video at a less relaxed speed that might belay my fears about kick frequency and core/body position? Matt
Children
No Data